Monday, March 8, 2010

Brunch @ Min Lokal for baked eggs


If you want really good eggs for breakky, head to Min Lokal in Fitzroy.

My order was the Taleggio Baked Eggs with cauliflower, potato, roquette, caramelised onions, eggs and bacon! Verdict - FABULOUS. I'm no fan of cauliflower (one of my disliked vegs! seriously! ahahaha) but the combination was rightly put together.

Now there's a few spots where you can find good baked eggs... and the last time I had very great baked eggs was at "Balzari's" on Lygon St, but that was a tad more pricier and in finer surroundings. Then there's the very popular "Birdman Eating" in Collingwood... but for me I personally think Balzari does better with baked eggs.

For now, I think Min Lokal gives Balzari's a run for its money for baked eggs...simply because it's a place you can pop in casually, read a paper, with sunlight pouring into the room and still have a nice meal. It's so darn relaxing, and if you happen to grab the big wooden communal backroom table with your friends (where we were), I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I had a taste of the other plate - which was Goat's cheese scrambled eggs with spring onion, soft herbs and toast. That was equally YUMMO. I feel hungry now writing this...

Find it at 422 George St, Fitzroy VIC. Price is very reasonable, baked eggs $15, scrambled eggs $12. Portion just right. Coffee was lovely. Surroundings speak of comfort, minimalist style, and big chirpiness. It's a definite return for a place which ticks all boxes and made our stomachs very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment