Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hellenic Republic.... for splendid Greek food


If you want great Greek food, go to Hellenic Republic. This has got to be my fav Greek restaurant in Melbourne. I've been to plenty but this one has been worth recommending for a return visit time and time again.

Service is friendly, personalised... supposedly more like a family restaurant..
Atmosphere warm, relaxed and decor complete with your true Greek touch ie those woven chairs (as my companion promptly told me)...
Price is worth for value, portions and quality..



We paid a total $100 for 2 and, you will walk out of there with a full stomach guaranteed. And a happy stomach too, so here's what we ordered:

Baked feta, chilli and oregano
Fava - split pea dip, olive oil, shallots and vinegar
Cypriot grain salad - freekah, coriander, almonds, raisins and yoghurt
Baby snapper
Lamb




Now I have never eaten anything that's not right on the menu (being a return visitor), everything you order...whatever it is on the menu is consistently done right and delicious.

And every time I walk out of this place I leave the place smiling...

Find it at:
434 Lygon St Brunswick East VIC ph 9381 1222

No comments:

Post a Comment