Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Evida Cafe in Henley Beach, Adelaide


So here we are, Anzac Day long weekend is over and so was my trip to Adelaide for a lovely wedding.

We decided on dinner @ Evida Cafe, Henley Beach, located near the airport and well we had plenty of time to spare before my flight.


I ordered Cajun Chicken - chicken breast topped with rocket lettuce, bocconcini, chargrilled zucchini, oven roasted mushrooms and balsamic reduction.. came just under $21. The dish came cold, emm I don't recall ever having cold chicken unless I was having some salad? Perhaps they had forgotten to leave it under the heating area whilst the other dish was being prepared? Chicken was slightly dry, but other than that, combination was lovely, and taste overall was good probably because of balsamic flavours and chicken done chargrilled style (that's always a plus in my book). Presentation was fine, price reasonable for a dinner main, considering beach front views.

My cousin ordered grilled barramundi fillet which was topped with lemon butter served with steak fries and mixed salad, that came under $23. That was ordinary, fish was overcooked.

The only thing is, this was the 3rd place I had gone to over the weekend in Adelaide where we had to order and pay at the counter up front. One barista preparing all the coffees, whilst another attending the rest of the bar and the food orders, and the very lengthy wait especially when all drinks order were prepared and done before they are willing to take yours.. well, felt a bit strange. Maybe's this is a new Adelaide thing? It's like McDonald's style of food service in a cafe.

But then again, a few hours later... I'm back in Melbourne, home sweet home..... yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You can find Evida Cafe @ 269 Seaview Road, Henley Beach South Australia.

I just want to mention briefly, there's the ultra pricey $3.90 standard size coffees sold in Cibo (a franchise-like coffee house). The coffee is good, I admit, but for that price? Wow, even in Melbourne, all the great standard size coffees here aren't even at that HEFTY price.

No comments:

Post a Comment