Monday, April 5, 2010

Melbourne Comedy Festival 2010 : Frisky & Mannish


I thought I was going to give the Comedy Fest a complete miss this year.. but then I got invited to see Frisky & Mannish at HiFi Bar... heh

I must say, Melbourne Town Hall looks glorious when lighted up, nice huh? Pictured below is Circus Trick Tease doing stunts and entertaining those outside.



Anyway, I haven't a clue really who Frisky & Mannish were, since I wasn't given any info except the performers name. Then saw the poster and thought "School of Pop"? Crazy makeup, really punk. Ermm.

But you know what, we really enjoyed it, it was unlike any other performers I've seen over the years. What makes Frisky & Mannish (from UK) truly different is the music they 'teach' (hence the school of pop). Hilarious! from TLC's "No Scrubs", to Bangles "Eternal Flame"... doing their Lady Gaga performance as though they were on Dancing with the Stars!?...and impersonating Lily Allen.


They were very much entertaining and the performance was well worth catching. A definite surprise, I haven't seen a comedy performance quite like theirs.

Frisky & Mannish will still be performing at the HiFi Bar, 125 Swanston St, Melbourne till 18th April 2010. You should be able to grab tix at the door for this one, or be safe and buy at ticketmaster.

(Photos are mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment