Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cafe Paradiso @ Hyde Park in Adelaide



It's always nice to stroll along King William Road in Hyde Park and enjoying a meal around there.

Don't you just love the name Paradiso? I love it. Well the cafe still looks the same, the decor relaxed, simplistic and modern. New pieces of art of course on the walls, tables and chairs all the same, but not sure whether there's been a change of owners?


Whatever the case is, my coffee came out good, but my bruschetta was BAD. The bread was ultra dry, and it was very very ordinary. There were 7 of us, with 3 orders of bruschettas. One came out with 1/5 of the bread burnt. I finished mine because I was hungry, lucky it wasn't burnt.

The other orders included scrambled eggs, I tried a bit of that, and that was bland.

I'm not sure what's happened to the food at this trusty cafe. The last time I had breakfast there with an order of Raisin Toast & Cinammon some years back was great. Maybe I should have stuck to that (still on current menu), and that can't be hard to prepare, surely :)

Oh yea, you have to go up to the counter to order. Read next blog so you know what I mean...

Find Cafe Paradiso @ 150 King William Road, Hyde Park, South Australia

1 comment:

  1. Hi, the reason your experience was so bad was because the owners treat their staff terribly. Low wages, not bothering to put on enough staff to cope with running the restaurant, not respecting staff rights in regards to payslips, uniforms, time off or part-time/casual status.. hence the high turnover of staff and terrible service. Support businesses that treat their staff well. Avoid this one.

    ReplyDelete