Monday, December 28, 2009

Technology, Apple, iPod, iPhone, iTunes, iSlate.....


Just recently I read in the Washington Post that release of Apple's long awaited tablet is scheduled for Jan2010.... yes it's the newest gadget from those brilliant people at Apple. So what is it? From what I hear and rumours abound, it might be called the iSlate since Apple has registered the website islate.com. It's basically a larger size version of the iPod Touch.
So here I am, staring at my glorious powerbook and wondering how things would be like 10 yrs from now ... would people be communicating all online or via their smart phones? Will everything be paperless ? Will there still be bills sitting in your snailmailbox? No need for stamps? It's amazing how technology moves... in 1995 I first experienced the Internet at my Uni library. It was all very basic in those days, no google, blogging, youtube or wikipedia. Although I was quite excited to be able to watch a clip of Lion King's "hakuna matata" and was showing that to every possible human being who were equally amazed. Some of these search engines we see in those days have all but disappeared.. but everything now can be found online. I am also certain that I can search for contact details of what I want and correctly too (and.. with pictures, reviews etc etc) by going online than looking at whitepages (hardcopy i.e.). What about mobile phones? I remember my Japanese friend during uni years telling me how the Japanese were already using mobiles on their wrists (yes as watches). And these days, kids in primary schools have mobiles... it's like a norm. I had my first mobile in uni. Then there's VOIP.......for those of you who do not know what that is, it stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol. And skype is the way to go. Who knows what tech awaits us when we fast forward 10yrs... but we do know that Smartphones and Internet going hand-in-hand making our lives ever more productive, efficient and giving us the ability to share knowledge through this bond online. I will start a new blog about tech and work. Read next.. .

No comments:

Post a Comment